Follow me at http://jaiking.tumblr.com/ You’ll be glad you did.
Meet the unsung heroes behind the greatest songs of our time. In his compelling new film TWENTY FEET FROM STARDOM, award-winning director Morgan Neville shines a spotlight on the untold true story of the backup singers behind some of the greatest musical legends of the 21st century. Along with rare archival footage and a peerless soundtrack, TWENTY FEET FROM STARDOM boasts intimate interviews with Bruce Springsteen, Stevie Wonder, Mick Jagger and Sting to name just a few. However, these world-famous figures take a backseat to the diverse array of backup singers—including Darlene Love, Merry Clayton, Claudia Lennear, Lisa Fischer, and Judith Hill—whose lives and stories take center stage in the film.
1. Jesse L. Martin in the Marvin Gaye biopic tentatively titled Sexual Healing
2. Toni Braxton will play legendary vocalist Darlene Love in a forthcoming biopic. My Name is Love: The Darlene Love Story is set to premiere in December on OWN.
3. Don Cheadle will begin shooting the Miles Davis biopic, Miles Ahead, in Cincinnati this summer. A release date is not yet known.
4. The upcoming MLK biopic, Selma, directed by Ava DuVernay, will feature actress Carmen Ejogo as Coretta Scott King and David Oyelowo as Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
5. Andre 3000 plays Jimi Hendrix in the biopic All Is By My Side (out September 26th)
6. Chadwick Boseman is set to portray James Brown in the biopic Get On Up, which opens in theaters August 1.
7. Queen Latifah will star in and produce the HBO biopic Bessie about the legendary blues singer Bessie Smith.
fun fact about me: when i was a freshman in high school, for the whole year i planned an april fools joke on my homophobic dad and i was gonna tell him that i was a lesbian and i had a girlfriend. by the time april fools day rolled around, i was really a lesbian and i had a girlfriend